Tuesday 15 May 2012

Message from Ed Owen

It's my second day as the new chief exec of the CF Trust, and I confess I couldn't wait to get back into the office this morning!

I have been involved with the Trust for almost ten years. I am a CF parent and have been a trustee for the last few years. So it's not entirely new territory for me. The job is an extraordinary privilege, and I am determined to ensure the Trust is doing all it can to improve the lives of those with Cystic Fibrosis.

There is much that those of us connected with the Trust can be proud of - the investment in gene therapy now in clinical trials, the fantastic work to raise standards in clinics, the vital information and support we give to families, and the wider activities to raise awareness of CF. Yet there is so much more to do.

That's why we have a new strategy - "Living longer, living better" - which sets our guiding vision for the next few years. My task is to ensure we deliver it. So we will soon be outlining a new vision for CF research and we have ambitious plans to boost our fundraising and communications efforts too.

It's an exciting time and one which needs all parts of our CF community - those with CF, their families, supporters, clinicians, researchers, trustees and staff - to work together for a common purpose. I hope I can do my bit to make that happen.

All the best


Ed
www.cftrust.org.uk



3 comments:

  1. Keys to building trust: The most important secret about trust. Click www.gofastek.com for more information.

    Cindy
    www.gofastek.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. Thank you for taking the time to publish this information very informative; so happy to be given a privilege to post a comment here.

    aissa
    www.joeydavila.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have found your blogs to be friendly and welcoming. Thanks for making this one. I really enjoy reading and surfing it. Try to visit my site @ www.imarksweb.org

    Zel

    ReplyDelete