Friday 30 October 2015

Looking back on Young People's Week

Last week we held our first Young People’s Week on social media, and we want to thank you all for your fantastic contributions. There was some great discussion about the challenges of juggling CF with everything else young people have to deal with, and we received some lovely comments from parents who were encouraged to hear young people talking openly about their condition and how they handle the demands of cystic fibrosis. We particularly want to say a huge thanks to Holly Van Geffen and Charles Michael Duke for their takeover day on Wednesday, which provided an honest and often hilarious insight into life with CF from two very different perspectives (if you haven’t seen Charles’ video on how to tell people you have CF, we strongly recommend you check it out below:



We launched our call for young advisors to help guide our programme of work with young people – over on Hack it Up we’re asking you to tell us what you think the role of an advisor should be and seeking ideas on how we can involve more young people with CF in our work, so if you’re aged 16–25 get on over and have your say.

We also posted about our Bright Ideas Awards where young people with CF who have a business idea can apply for small grants to help them turn their ideas in to reality.

Zainab Nasim’s blog on graduating from uni with a First in Pharmacy was inspiring stuff – as she says, it was all down to “hard work, determination and motivation”. We’ll shortly be asking more young people to tell us about educational experiences and seeking some young ambassadors to inspire other people with CF to achieve their goals.

As you may have seen, we’re currently recruiting for a Youth Empowerment Officer, to join the team at our office and help us create an exciting and innovative programme. We’re looking for a creative and upbeat individual with a genuine desire to support young people with CF to live their lives unlimited.

The week marked the start of our new programme of work with young people, but it’s only the beginning. We want to keep up the conversations to find out what’s really important to you – and how we can empower young people to live their lives unlimited by cystic fibrosis. Next steps will be to set up our youth advisory group to ensure all our work with young people is fully informed by their views, and also to develop our young ambassadors programme, as well as starting to develop some exciting new projects and initiatives led by young people in the new year. We'll be making young people's week a regular feature too so keep an eye out for ways you can get involved as we build on the great feedback we received in Young People's week. So please continue to share your views with us.






2 comments:

  1. I was diagnosed of Herpes 2years ago and I have tried all possible means to get the cure but all to no avail, until i saw a post in a health forum about a Herbal Doctor(Dr imoloa who prepares herbal medicine to cure all kind of diseases including Herpes, at first i doubted, if it was real but decided to give him a trial, when i contacted Dr imoloa through his Email: drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com he guided me and prepared a herbal medicine and sent it to me via courier Delivery service,when i received the package (herbal medicine) He gave me instructions on how to consume it, i started using it as instructed and i stop getting outbreaks and the sores started vanishing, could you believe i was cured of this deadly virus within two to three weeks and notices changes in my body. Days of using this REMEDY,couldn't believe the healing at first until i see it as my HERPES get cleared like magic Dr imoloa also use his herbal medicine to cure diseases like, HIV/aids, lupus disease, dry cough, fever, malaria, Lyme disease, acute myeloid leukaemia, alzheimer's disease, blood poisoning, measles, kidney cancer, kidney infections, diarrhoea, epilepsy, joint pain, mouth ulcer,bowel cancer, discoid eczema, eye cancer, food poisoning, fibroid, hairy cell leukaemia, mouth cancer, skin disease, lung cancer, liver disease, penile cancer, parkinson disease, arthritis, breast cancer, bone cancer hepatitis A.B.C, Diabetes, fatigue, muscle aches, anal cancer, asthma, Contact this great herbal Doctor today the father of herbalism. via Email: drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com or whatssapp him +2347081986098. and get cured permanently He is real..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone out there, help me Thank Dr UGO! My name is MRS LINDA from Netherlands. I am here to give testimony on how I got my ex husband back, my husband left me for no reason 6 Months. He moved in with another woman, I felt like killing myself, my life became very bitter and sorrowful. Then 1 day, a friend of mine told me about a great spell caster that is very good and she said that he told her all about her life history and the problem she is facing, I didn't believe it because I've worked with so many of them and it didn't work. She begged me further so I decided to try this great spell caster called Great Dr UGO. I still didn't believe, but inside me I wanted to give a try and as God will have it, I used the spell solution he gave me and the next day I received a call from my darling husband Romero last month. He apologized and came back to me. I'm very happy now with my family it worked for me and I believe it will work for you too just give him a try and follow up this is a clear truth from a testifier. Thank you Dr UGO once again, if you want to reach him via email:(dr.ugo.temple@gmail.com) 

    ReplyDelete