Wednesday 21 October 2015

Young People's Takeover: Charles Micheal Duke

Hi there!

My Names Charles Michael Duke, I'm a singer/actor from Bournemouth. I’m currently 20 years old, and I have cystic fibrosis. Oh, and I've been waiting for a double lung transplant since April 2015...

I was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis at birth and had a fairly healthy childhood, with around one admission for intravenous (IV) antibiotics a year. However, in 2014 it all started to go a bit downhill. I started to be admitted more regularly, and my lung function was rapidly declining.

Since 2014 I have been admitted several times,, spending around seven out of 12 months in hospital. In June 2014 it was decided that my health had gotten to a point where we needed to consider lung transplantation, so I was refereed for assessments. Unfortunately, my health didn't improve and I went through the assessments and was listed in April 2015, and have been waiting for a double lung transplant since. I’m currently spending two weeks in hospital in the hope that this will keep me 'well enough' for when my call comes, and I will be able to survive the operation and get through the rehab process.

Being a teenager with CF for me wasn’t too difficult; my CF never got in the way, and I was able to fit treatments around socials and going to friends’ houses. They were all aware of my condition and were accommodating of it. However, with my recent decline, had my health been in this state when I was younger it would have made things much harder. I can’t always go as out as I’m not well enough, I don’t do sports so would have missed out on lots of socials that involved things like football down the park. I wouldn’t have been able to stay out or over at a friends as I now require oxygen at night. Although my health isn’t in the best of states now, I would rather it happen in this stage of my life than my childhood/teenage years – I was able to have a childhood, which some people with CF aren’t able to say.

1 comment:

  1. HOW I GOT CURED OF HERPES VIRUS.

    Hello everyone out there, i am here to give my testimony about a herbalist called dr imoloa. i was infected with herpes simplex virus 2 in 2013, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so i was thinking on how i can get a solution out so that my body can be okay. one day i was in the pool side browsing and thinking of where i can get a solution. i go through many website were i saw so many testimonies about dr imoloa on how he cured them. i did not believe but i decided to give him a try, i contacted him and he prepared the herpes for me which i received through DHL courier service. i took it for two weeks after then he instructed me to go for check up, after the test i was confirmed herpes negative. am so free and happy. so, if you have problem or you are infected with any disease kindly contact him on email drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. or / whatssapp --+2347081986098.
    This testimony serve as an expression of my gratitude. he also have
    herbal cure for, FEVER, DIARRHOEA, MOUTH ULCER, MOUTH CANCER FATIGUE, MUSCLE ACHES, LUPUS, SKIN CANCER, PENILE CANCER, BREAST CANCER, PANCREATIC CANCER, DISEASE, JOINT PAIN, POLIO DISEASE, PARKINSON'S DISEASE, ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, CYSTIC FIBROSIS, SCHIZOPHRENIA, CORNEAL ULCER, EPILEPSY, FETAL ALCOHOL SPECTRUM, LICHEN PLANUS, COLD SORE, SHINGLES, CANCER, HEPATITIS A, B. DIABETES 1/2, HIV/AIDS, CHRONIC PANCERATIC, CHLAMYDIA, ZIKA VIRUS, EMPHYSEMA, LOW SPERM COUNT, ENZYMA, DRY COUGH, ARTHRITIS, LEUKAEMIA, LYME DISEASE, ASTHMA, IMPOTENCE, BARENESS/INFERTILITY, WEAK ERECTION, PENIS ENLARGEMENT. AND SO ON.

    ReplyDelete